Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Last weekend was quite eventful, I must say. There is something about this time of year that always just feels busy. This last weekend was like a taste of the holidays to come. But it is not a bad thing, really. Cause the holiday's are busy because of family time and there is nothing I love more. So bring on the busy. One of the big events of the weekend was my first concert with the Timpanogos Symphony Orchestra. When I became a member of the orchestra I really wondered if it would be worth the time. Of course the experience would teach me a lot but it is a volunteer position so no one gets paid and it is a pretty big time commitment. After Friday and Saturday night concerts I definitely felt like all the work was worthwhile. It was so fun to be back on stage performing on the harp. And the orchestra as a whole played beautifully. If you are in the area you need to make it to one of these concerts. They are all free admission and the venue we play at is quite impressive. Friday night Dallin's parents made the drive all the way down to Utah County to come to my performance and that sure meant a lot to me. Dal and I brought Molly to the concert, and I guess she wasn't much of a fan because she cried in the hallway most the concert. The one time she won't fall asleep in the carrier. The one time we NEED her to fall asleep in her carrier. Oh well. At least we tried and with the help of Penny, Dal was able to hand her off and come and watch me perform. Thanks Dave, Penny, and Brand for coming. SO great to have family in the audience. I sure do love you guys. Saturday night we decided Molly should just stay home since the night before was such an ordeal. But even though I had no one in the audience there Saturday specifically for me, I had a blast performing and look forward to our next concert in February.



A definite highlight of the weekend was a quick visit to Kaysville to see Kindi and Nash. It was Molly's first time meeting her ADORABLE cousin. I have a feeling they will be good friends. Nash is only about 3 weeks older than Molly, so it will be quite fun to watch them grow up together. I had a great time visiting them both at Jillian's baby shower. It was a lovely afternoon. I miss them so much when they are away in Arizona. So excited to play with them over Christmas.


Dallin and I couldn't wait a second longer....okay it was more Dallin, but we rushed home Saturday and put up our christmas tree. Okay, once again I need to give Dal the credit. He was so cute setting everything up. We have our stockings up, the tree, our wreath.....our house is starting to feel very festive. Christmas is definitely in the air and we can't wait!!!!



Looking forward to Thanksgiving! I can't even begin to express my gratitude for my sweet daughter and amazing husband. They make my life so happy and fulfilled. Molly is such a happy little girl and fills our house with happy squeals and laughter. And Dallin...well I don't deserve him. He is too good to me. Saturday night I walked in to the house from my concert all tired and worn out only to find the house completely cleaned top to bottom. Dal even mopped all the floors. It was such a wonderful surprise. Dal is such a perfect example of always thinking of others before himself...and in our home, that is me and Molly. He is always quick to change diapers, do laundry, do dishes, make dinner....like I said, I don't deserve him. I love you with all my heart Dallin. Thank you for making me feel so special and loved. What did I do to deserve you and Molly? Feeling grateful. Feeling love. Can't wait for the holidays!




4 comments:

  1. that molly cracks me up with that cute little face of hers!! so adorable. i love her just chillin in her diaper:) wish i could have been there to see you perform on the harp! you are amazing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad that I didn't make it down to see you! Sorry! I'll plan on February! Do you know what music you are playing then?
    Love that sweet Molly! And cute pics of Nash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mal, It was sooooo good to see you too!! I love those pics of the two little babes together. Cousins are the best!!

    ReplyDelete