Thursday, November 10, 2011

Little Scum


If you know Dal, like really know Dal, then you know that he is the king of nicknames. The kind of nicknames that don't make a lick of sense. If you don't know, that is how Molly got her name actually. Dal called me "Molly" in high school as a nickname. How did he get there? Simple really....Mallory...Mal....Mally....Mol....Molly. You just get there eventually. Here are some of my all time fav nicknames Dal has had for me in the past:

Punch Buggy
Molly Ball
Muzzle
Mally Mal
Boo
Mollster
Pally
Balls
Scagbagger
Punk
Chills
Skilly Whiker
Butters
Buddar

I really could go on and on and on. I don't think he has ever called me "Mallory". Each one makes me laugh. And he never ceases to surprise me with new ones. With this special hobby of his, it seems natural that Molly is no exception to the nicknaming.....here are some of the names he has given her:

Munker
Pooch
Pooper
Pips
Skipper
Little Scum

haha yeah that last one is my fav. Little Scum:). He uses that one when she is being silly or needy. Never a dull moment with Dal around. Love that man.
So November has begun, and has not been too eventful so far. I was able to perform my harp this last week up at the University of Utah Nursing school. My mom did a wonderful job speaking at an event for Caring Connections and I was the guest musician. It was a fun experience. Next week I have another performing opportunity with the Timpanogos Symphony Orchestra. I am a member of the orchestra and this will be my first concert with them. All the concerts are free so...come! As for Dal....one word sums that boy up right now...school. Poor guy is always so busy. But I'm proud of him. He works hard. Molly is 12 weeks old tomorrow! She is such a doll. We just love and adore her so much. She brings such happiness to our home. Every day she gets more and more active and talkative. I find myself missing her when she is down for a nap and looking forward to her waking up so I can see that big smile and hear her happy squeals. We love our Little Scum. Life is good. Can't wait for Thanksgiving time!:)



3 comments:

  1. She is growing up so fast!! But she is ADORABLE!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. She is so sweet! Love that little babe. You make beautiful babes! WhatS my nickname? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "little scum" is my very favorite. love it. dal is such a silly sil. molly is adorable. xoxo

    ReplyDelete