Saturday, October 29, 2011

MONSTA' RAP!!!!

I owe my thanks to Adam and Kindi for creating one of my favorite family traditions ever. Seriously, sometimes I feel like I get MORE excited for our family Halloween party every year than I do Christmas. Yes, it's that great. It's one of those things you need to experience for yourself to understand why its so amazing. First of all, I just adore my family. They are by far the funniest people I've ever met. So when you get us all together in costumes for a night of fun and festivities, its always a good time. Not to mention we Wahlstrom's always go ALL out for holidays and events so to start with, we have to transform our house a little bit:) I got to the house last Saturday at 10am to meet Mar and Ty to start decorating. Our angle this year was half the room was a bat cave and the other half was a corn maze. It was so fun decorating and getting all excited for the party. Here is what the end product looked like. The pictures don't even give it justice!
Once the decorating was finished, people all went their separate ways to get in their costumes, the most important part of the party in my opinion. Competition is rough, year after year, and we all try to out-do each other and win the prizes. Dal and I plan our costumes for the party months and months in advance in hopes of winning a prize. We won last year with our bee and beekeeper costumes so we had a lot to live up to this year. This year with Molly we decided to be fishermen and let Molly be a fish. This idea kept evolving until we were "baby snatchers". We put pacifier's at the end of our fishing poles and on our vests and hats to act as our fishing flies. In the end we took the white trash approach cause Dallin found some fake teeth at work and we couldn't resist:)
The party always includes a pumpkin carving contest, a big yummy dinner with all food that has a spooky twist on it, games, scavenger hunt, and of course, the costume contest and voting. I am SO excited to announce that Dallin and I won "Best Group" costume! We attribute our success this year to our adorable fish:). And Congratulations to Nate who won "Best Individual" costume! But the costumes were ALL awesome this year. Makes me nervous for next years competition:)!! I didn't get pictures of them all, but here are some I got from the action at the costume contest. And of course, its tradition to do the costume contest/dancing to the song "Monster Rap". Its a new family favorite after we randomly found it at the first year we did this party. Ever since, we always blast it for the costume contest. Love that song:)

What a great party it was this year! Epic, I'd say. Although we missed Adam, Kindi, Mere, and Tay SO SO SO much! Adam and Mere promised me they wouldn't miss next year (or at least try their hardest to come into town), and I am holding them to that. It really isn't the same without Adam there cause he started the whole tradition and as for Mere? Poor Mere has had to miss every stinkin year! But thanks to my amazing family for such a great time at this years party. Dal and I love you all so much and feel just so amazingly lucky and blessed to have such a close knit family unit where we can gather as friends and make such fun memories. Love you guys! And until next year....."Monsta' Rap! Everybody snap!! Everybody mooove, Everbody clap!!!"

3 comments:

  1. Loved your costumes! I forgot you guys won last year too. Dang, you guys are the ones to beat! Bring it!
    Loved the party, as always! Thanks for all your help! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so epic!! tay and i will sweep in and dominate everyone next year!!!! wahahahahaha!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Adam and I already have our costumes for next year. None of you stand a chance!!!

    ReplyDelete