Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Blessed Day

Sunday was a very special day for my little family. It was Molly's blessing day. It couldn't have gone any better, and by the end of the day Dal and I couldn't wipe the smiles off our faces. I was especially grateful that my entire family and Dallin's entire family were all able to make the drive from Kaysville. Molly was a very happy girl for the blessing and the party afterwards, but by the end of the day I don't think I have ever seen her more tired! It was a lovely day! Here, let me show you!

Molly's dress was very special because it was the same dress I was blessed in as a baby. Maybe Molly will bless her first baby girl in it too one day! It was very special for me to see Molly in that dress. And I know it sure made my mom emotional!


Getting Molly dressed for the big day was so much fun! I felt like I was dressing up a doll! I have the sweetest, most adorable little girl in the world!


Daddy helped get her ready too! He always makes her laugh!


Doing up the back of her dress!


We love you so much Molly! You looked so beautiful on your special day!


Family pictures in front of the Christmas Tree!!


Proud Grandparents!! Thank you for everything you do for us and Molly! We love you guys!


Molly just looked too precious....we couldn't stop taking pictures! I have never seen her look more beautiful!


We had a small luncheon at my house after the blessing and it was so much fun to have both families over!


To thank everyone for coming, Molly and I made everyone cookie mixes to take home. "Cookies from Molly". It meant a lot to me that everyone would drive all the way here for Molly's blessing!


Proud Mom and Dad

I am so grateful for little Molly. Her blessing day is one I know I will always remember. My heart was so full that day. I am so grateful to be a mom. I am glad that motherhood was in God's plan for me. It is a very humbling calling and I feel super inadequate, but I know God is holding my hand every day and helping me be the best I can be. I know I am not a perfect mom, or even close to it, but I do know that I love Molly with a perfect love. One that is unconditional and eternal. I know Molly is a very special little girl with a purpose to be on this earth at this time. I'll never forget being pregnant and simply knowing that the little baby was a girl and that her name would be Molly. I would always tell Dallin that I had a distinct impression there was a little girl named Molly waiting to come to earth. I can't explain it really, but it was one of the strongest and surest feelings I have ever felt in my life. And now she is here in our lives and I can't imagine being happier. I am glad she will be the oldest in my family because she will be such a sweet older sister and always a good example. Molly, I love you with every fiber of my being. You will always hold a very special place in my heart. Thank you for filling my life with light and joy and for making me a better person. Thank you God, for sending me such an angel. Happy Blessing Day Molly! We love and adore you!






8 comments:

  1. Love love love. It was an awesome day. I especially loved your sweet testimony. Love the liv posse! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the long awaited pictures!! my goodness mal i can't get over how precious she looked in your dress! that was super cute of you to make cookie mixes for everyone:) yum. and you looked so beautiful:) your words make me happy and grateful. i love you!!! oxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. MALLORY,
    NO WAY did I just stumble upon your blog! I can not tell you how excited I am to see pictures of you and your gorgeous little family after all this time... what like 8 years it feels like? I absolutely love you Mal! Please send me your email so I can add you to my blog (denney.cassidy@gmail.com). I would love to keep up on your busy life. oh my gosh, i still can't believe it. You are my favorite! Hope to hear from you soon.
    Love your long lost friend,
    Cassidy [wood] Denney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mallory, She looks so precious in that little blessing gown! I'm glad I can keep up with you guys through your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mallory! You are so cute. This was such a sweet post, and Molly is so stinkin' adorable. She looks perfect in that dress! We need to get together again soon. It's been way too long since we've seen you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her in your dress! Her beautiful eyes and cute little smile. Thanks for everything! :) Aren't you so glad you have a blog? I'm glad you do!

    ReplyDelete