Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Worst Birthday Present EVER!

Today Molly turns 2 months old. We can celebrate "month" birthdays for her right? Dal keeps telling me its not her birthday, but I disagree. Especially cause Molly loves the birthday song so much. So I will go on my merry way and keep singing "Happy Birthday" to her today just so I can see that toothless grin. Two months old...feels like she should be older cause it doesn't sound like very much time and I honestly can't remember life before Molly. Okay, that is the stupidest saying ever cause of course I can remember life before her...back then when I was going to bed I was really, going to bed. To actually sleep, and not just take 3 hour naps. Back then I ate breakfast before noon and wore clothes not worrying about the possible poo explosion and spit-up. Not to mention I wore actual clothes and not sweats. And my life in general wasn't as good back then, without her. Stupid saying. No, what I meant to say is I don't want to remember what life was like before Molly cause she makes our lives so so so much better. Our home is happier with her and my life has more purpose. I never knew my heart could love so much. But I do just absolutely adore that little girl. And to celebrate her birthday today? What do I mean by the "worst birthday present ever"? Shots. I take her in for her 2 month Dr. appointment today and I am absolutely dreading it. Here she is smiling and laughing all morning and I just keep thinking about those dumb shots. It broke my heart to take her in to get a heel prick as a newborn when we had to take blood tests...I don't know how shots will be. I just hate that cry she does when she is in pain...the one that "shakes" at the end of a long wail, and leaves her out of breath....so sad. Well, its all for good things, right? But getting shots on your "birthday" just doesn't seem like very much fun. Maybe I shouldn't call it a "birthday" after all. But I can't promise I won't sing her the Birthday Song throughout the day. The reaction is just too dang cute to resist. Love you Molly!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry mal!! I promise it gets better! They get over it so fast! She will never remember it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for some reason, liv would fall asleep for hours after she got her shots. i guess she was just sleeping off the trauma:) that little molly has a dallin smirk about her:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Nash's 2 month "birthday", I had to take him in to get 4 shots and Jack got 5 at the same time. Oh and he was supposed to get his blood drawn that day too (Jack, not Nash). It was awesome. Good news is though, one month later we are all still alive. Luckily the get over it quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Post sweetheart.....my oh my, wasn't I just getting you your shots?? The worst was taking you to the dentist. You made such a fuss that I was embarrassed. You would screem your head off even when nothing was happening. You hated the dentist and they would try everything with you to make you happy. momma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mal your so sweet! I would have to fight the tears when all my babies got their shots when they are so little!!!! Hope she is feeling better Ear infection and all! NOT FUN!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete